Thursday 28 September 2017

Wonderful news

Morning all.
We've a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Galz. This time our theme is -

DRAGONFLIES

We have some fabulous dragonflies that buzz around our meadow in high summer, they are quite wonderful but somewhat scarey when they flit over your head when you're not expecting it!
Anyway these dragonflies are not scarey!


I used the STAMPlorations 'Winged Things' set and the matching dies and used some autumnal tones of DI to create a background, then stamped assorted images in the same colours over the top. I was influenced by this card by the wonderful Bonnie, loved how she used a die to create a frame by embossing instead of cutting it out. The die cut dragonfly was cut from white and the matching solid die from vellum, trimming away the long body before attaching it under the white outline die cut.
The sentiment, free from a mag completes.
Check out the rest of the team here for more fab inspiration.

Joining in over at:-

   Grab our logo
                                                   Things with wings

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Julie! I love that you have colorful dragonflies in the background and that magnificent dragonfly in the foreground. Beautiful card! I enjoy watching the dragonflies in our area as they dive bomb flying ants and mosquitoes. They are incredible the way they "stand their ground" and challenge birds. It's always especially enjoyable to walk out my front door, water my plants, and have a dragonfly or two watch me carefully, keeping me company LOL thanks for the delightful inspiration on your card today! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love to watch dragonflies.
    thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Things With Wings' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning background to showcase that beautiful dragonfly. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! So elegant! I love how you added that embossed frame! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)