Tuesday 12 September 2017

From the herd

Morning all.
The weather has been so unpredictable this summer, we've had a wet August and the hay is still to be cut but it is nothing compared to the devastation of hurricane Irma and her predecessor. Hope you are all safe and well. Mother Nature unleashed is such a powerful force for destruction, let's hope the scales are balanced soon with some good.
Over at Cardz4Guyz our new theme is appropriately -

NATURE

I went with a light hearted image for my masculine card.



A friend of mine was selling off some of her SU stamps recently and I snapped this up. This is it's first inking. Making a card on the subject of nature for a bloke really eliminates the use of flowers, so I thought of animals or perhaps trees, but in the end I went with this image.
The layout was based on the latest challenge at Sketch Saturday and as the stamp is quite busy kept it simple. Starting by stamping my image in Memento Onyx Black I then cut a mask and added some background colour with Tumbled Glass and Weathered Wood DI and then used Copics to colour the image. I stamped the sentiment from the set on a die cut banner, then trimmed my panel and mounted it on a white base card. A few dots of Glossy Accents were added to the eyes of the animals for some extra dimension.
For more masculine inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at:-


Take It, Make It Challenge
AG

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card Julie, what a great stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card made me smile. I love that stamp set! You did a GREAT job with the sketch at Sketch Saturday! Thanks for sharing your very pretty card with us this week.

    Beverly S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super little gathering of cute critters. Fab card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun and very cool. Thanks for joining in at AAA Cards. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The expressions on these animals cracked me up :) Great coloring too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun design ..... love those faces! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, I love this gang, Jules! Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so funny! I love the colors you used, very pretty! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge.

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)