Tuesday 14 February 2017

Rain or Shine

Evening all.
Its time for another challenge over at ATSM. This week is -

CLEAN and SIMPLE

So minimum embellishments, layers and lots of 'white' space.
Here is my card using HLS stamp set 'Rainy Days'


I started by stamping and heat embossing the cloud, sun and raindrops with white EP on a piece of mixed media paper. After washing in some colour using my Zigs and a water brush. I stamped the sentiment in black and embossed it with clear EP.
Simples!
The starting point was the latest challenge over at Less is More, where the challenge theme is OL, 'Opposites Attract'. Hope this fits the bill!
Over on the  ATSM blog there are lots more of CAS inspiration from the wonderful DT, check it out.

I'm joining in over at -

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Julie! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant interpretation Julie, a bit like Dorset today, a very wet walk with the dogs and then the sun came out, after we got back, and it was glorious!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous one layer card Julie, and I'm pleased to see that your new Ziggies are coming in so handy!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. Love the design. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card! I absolutely love the splodgy watercolour you've achieved with the Zigs... so atmospheric and evocative <3 Great idea for opposites for our challenge too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS make, loving the colouring

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your white embossing and how you colored it Miss Lady
    this look fabulous
    Like you painted it all
    Love love love
    Hugs from Teamia
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is stunning i love it
    thanks for joining us at less is more this week

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing coloring. And I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really lovely effect with your watercoloured zigs and it works brilliantly with the white embossed images.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)