Wednesday 30 December 2015

Fave cards of 2015

Wow the year is almost at an end and as is traditional, I'm taking a walk down memory lane
and choosing my favourite non Christmas cards.
Debby 4000 is again hosting this fun event.



My first choice is a card I made with my newly acquired stash for being on the STAMPlorations DT
and one of my fave techniques.



I love this camouflage technique and for this ColourQ, inspired project I teamed STAMPlorations Eclectic Florals with an Avery Elle Love die.

***
I love CAS creations but I also like to stamp and colour with Copics, so I've chosen this little chap
on his tractor from Molly Bloom, no longer in business it seems or not producing new stamps.


I used a Sketch Saturday layout, creating this little scene with die cut clouds and DPs.

***
My next choice was a request from my daughter to make a card for one of my grandson's friends.
He was having a mini beast themed party, complete with a visit from the 'Bug Man'.
With no suitable stamps in the stash, I went with punch art creatures, a whole bunch of them.


The box card format suited the punch art creatures and I was told that it was still displayed on Ben's friend's shelf long after his birthday.

***
This next choice was such a satisfying card to make, as I really had to wrack my brains to come up with something for a DT project!



Over at Fantasy Stampers, Jan had chosen the theme of STEAMPUNK, not my kind of thing at all.
Anyway that's what being on a DT is all about, forcing yourself out of your comfort zone on occasions. As it is a stamped challenge I couldn't use a digi and I didn't have any stamps remotely related to the theme, except a few cog stamps that came free with a mag, so a little lateral thinking was involved!
In the end, with a little inspiration from a FUSION challenge and a Google Image search I came up with this. I was so pleased with the end result, even managing to use an embossing folder, a LOTV sentiment and kept it CAS.

***
As I've said before, I love to colour with Copics and these stamps by my wonderfully talented Bloggy friend and teamie Dee (Dee's Art Utopia) are a dream to use.



The layout was for a DT sketch challenge post over at STAMPlorations, I just had to use these new stamps and one of my favourite layouts.

***
Now I come to my final choice, I know the mathematically aware readers will have realized that this is my 6th card but as I hadn't included a watercolour card I just had to include this homage to the above mentioned Dee. 


Using my fave daisy stamps and an Avery Elle happy die I love the combination of soft background and crisp white daisies.

Thanks for stopping by and may I take this opportunity to wish everyone
a healthy and happy New Year.

I'm also joining in over at -

Clear it Out Challenge Blog
Favourite card of 2015

12 comments:

  1. All fabulous Julie! Best wishes for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all fabulous!!!! You are an amazing card maker, Julie! However I remember many outstanding cards you are not showing here...I guess you can't show them all :(
    Happy New Year to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved seeing all your cards this year, you are an inspiration! And my fav here is the steampunk card-I remember it well, loved, loved it. Have a good New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, each and every one, Julie! Thanks for all your inspiration! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! The daisies HAD to be in the line up!! The rest are fabulous in equal measure!! Hope you weren't too battered today. We missed the worse of it but still had gales and heavy rain, the horses had an "in" day which they were thankful for. I think the relentless wet weather is getting them down too despite it being so mild. There are banks of daffodils in the nearest town that have already bloomed. Ours are up already!! Wishing you many good things in 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection of cards Jules. Just goes to show your versatility at being able to make amazing cards in so many styles. LOVE them all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW simply in love with your Daisy card...its a proper stunner Glad I followed the link to your blog from Debbie's site
    Do drop by and visit me too...its fun to make new crafty blogger friends !
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and/or fun. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, I love ALL your cards, but I just wanted you to know that I CASE'd the fifth one down today on my blog, and gave you credit for the layout! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)